Happy belated Valentine’s Day. I’ve never had a Valentine but I’m not a bitter bitch either, but I can support a holiday that celebrates love and promotes chocolate. Yesterday was my first corporate Valentine’s Day and even though my diet went to hell, I actually enjoyed it, here are my reasons why:
1. Did I mention chocolate? Chocolate was going around the office faster than the common cold and I loved it. I would rather have chocolate than coffee in the morning, it just makes you feel good!
2. People give other people gifts, who then share them with you. So my sista from anotha mista got little mini cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes and sweet lord have mercy, they were to die for. Her jeweler gave them to her so she shared them with me. This is why she is my friend.
3. You can say Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! You know when you’re walking down the hallway and someone is coming the opposite way as you but it’s too far to say HI, but you already made eye contact? SO AWKWARD. But now instead of saying an awkward “hi,” you can just say Happy Valentine’s Day! Who knew the holiday could make the office less awkward.
4. People get flowers and the office looks and smells amazing. I’ve never gotten flowers but other people at work did and they were gorgeous. Their men did a good job! The office looked like a pretty garden and smelled awesome (instead of like stall cat piss).
5. There are people who are more bitter than me. Now I know misery loves company, but there is something comforting about knowing that there are people out there who are more unhappy than you (that sounds a lot meaner than I meant it to). I believe happiness is a choice but there are definitely times when I feel like “damn my life sucks right now.” But knowing the fact that some people think their life sucks a lot more than me, makes me feel better. Self-centered I know but I’m a Leo, whatever.
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!